Sunday, April 24, 2011

An Easter "Clam" Hunt?

That is one cute little kid and a nice clam!
Well most people might have searched for Easter eggs this morning in their back yards.  Not us.  My 3 yr old daughter Mia and I had a little different idea.  Since the weather was warm and we happened to be at Cathy's family's house in Milford CT. we decided to leave the eggs alone and search for a few Easter clams.  We caught the end of the low tide and fished up a couple of clams on the sand bar.  The highlight of my day was watching my little one digging clams in her best Easter clothes!  Even better was my wife telling me not to worry about getting them dirty!  By God I am one luck man!  Even though we didn't have enough time to fill a bucket we still had a darned good time. 




I teach them how to clam young!
We practiced catch and release today since we didn't have enough to make a meal of (I love clams more than anything!).  You will hear more in the future about my clamming and "Quahoging" experiences.  It is an obsesssion that I have somehow left out of my blog repertoire!












Happy Digging!


Wacky Dad

0 comments:

Post a Comment