Thursday, December 16, 2010

THE SNOWMAKING COMPETITION IS ON!

HOLY CRAP MY NEIGHBOR IS MAKING SNOW!

This looks a lot like my neighbors unit.
All right folks game on!  My neighbor has a snow maker!  This morning I saw more ice then snow but it appears now that he has the thing working pretty well!  He is using a different type of gun.  One of the pressure washer types that are popular on the internet.  He also has a really cool light display down there.  Naturally in my sick mind this has become a competition of sorts (it's always a race in my book!).  I spent 3 hours outside tonight firing up a second gun that I don't normally use.  It takes a lot of fine tuning to get 2 running especially in this warmer weather we have tonight!  I think I have them up and running well now and hope to show some video of the results in the morning!  I took some video of my latest pile of snow this morning and also took some footage of the neighbors house.  If my neighbor happens to see this post let the best snow maker win!  Also check out this blog article where the Costantino's actually get mentioned as one of the first home snow maker's in the country - if not the world.  Cool stuff!  http://www.snowsphere.com/special-features/d-i-y-snow-backyard-ski-resort  


  

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's not pretty when he gets his competitive juices flowing. your family is in for hell. He won't sleep now, he'll just stay up 24 hours a day making snow, and the thing is, this neighbor probably could care less.

    But the point is being missed here anyway.

    It's no big deal if you buy the dam thing. We had the first home snowmaker in the country before anyone could figure out how it to do it on a small scale. The hose we use is still a trade secret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am on full tilt dad. I will not be beaten!! And we were the first!

    ReplyDelete