Saturday, December 18, 2010

CHRISTMAS IS HERE! I MISS YOU KAREN!

We had a great day today celebrating the Christmas holiday.  We spent the afternoon with family and spent the night with my good friends and Karen Petty's family celebrating in our own fashion.  It is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this time of year and to turn it into a hectic nightmare.  Today I was able to take a step back and really look at how much I have to be thankful for.
Karen Petty - Always the life of the party!


I am glad to have such great family and friends and I love you all!  I also realized tonight in a moment of quiet reflection how much I miss the presence of my friend Karen Petty who we lost to Pancreatic Cancer this year.  It only strengthens my resolve to beat the disease into oblivion.  Together with all of Karen's great family and friends I know we can make this disease a memory.  Look to this blog in the coming days for a plan of action for the demise of Pancreatic Cancer!  We will win, but we have to fight like dogs!




0 comments:

Post a Comment