Thursday, September 22, 2011

What Makes Your Cancer Different?

 The question is – Is My Cancer Different?  Well first of all as my readers know I don’t have cancer, but I am however a cancer fighter.  I started my fight against pancreatic cancer about 15 months ago after losing a close family friend to the disease.  Since then I have been actively seeking a cure by fundraising and raising awareness of pancreatic cancer.  Here is what is different about pancreatic cancer.

1.  It is the 4th largest cancer killer
2.  Of the major cancer killers it has the lowest survival rate at 6%.
3.  Unfortunately pancreatic cancer receives the lowest amount of government funding of research out of all the major cancers.  Here are some graphs to demonstrate this inequity.







The point of this new website www.ismycancerdifferent.com is not really how pancreatic cancer is different than breast cancer or lung cancer. It is about raising cancer patients awareness that there are most likely differences on a molecular level between two people who are battling the same cancer. It is important for patients and doctors both to realize that each patient should be receiving an individualized treatment plan based on the type of cancer they have, and also the way it is presenting to them as an individual. I don’t pretend to be an expert on cancer, only one who wishes to defeat it in every way. What I do pretend to understand something about is common sense, and my common sense tells me that every cancer patient needs to be looked at from a molecular standpoint and have a tailor made treatment plan built for them based on their own particular situation. Visit www.ismycancerdifferent.com to learn more about this great new approach.


Sincerely,

Wacky Dad

0 comments:

Post a Comment