Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Nemo is dead...Oh Well!

     Hey everyone!  It has been a while since I have written a blog post.  I have been busy training for the 2nd Annual Karen Petty Memorial Double Century Bike Ride Against Pancreatic Cancer.  The ride is over.  We completed the 200 mile trek last Saturday in 14 hours, and have raised almost $15,000 for the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network to date and we still have donations rolling in.  Now that I have a little more time to spend out of the saddle I will be devoting more time to my blog.  I have literally lived and breathed the bike for the past 6 weeks, and it is nice to finally have a little breather, although I plan on keeping up my riding...I have to do something to combat the gut that is still hanging under my shirt!  
   
This picture is a little old now, but she
is still the same little meat head!
     Well enough about me.  Tonight my 8 year old daughter Ailey lost her second fish in her aquarium to some unknown disease, or perhaps old age I guess.  She dutifully takes care of this tank every day, and it literally looks as clean as the day she got it.  I have been waiting for one of the little guys to kick off since she got the thing.  I thought she would be upset when they died, but I was surprised by how matter of fact she is about their deaths.  "Hey dad there is a dead fish in my tank."  That was it.  No drama at all.  I wonder how many kids are like her and how many aren't?  She is really just a matter of fact little booger, and she is tough as nails.  I fished the sucker out with a spoon and flushed him down the toilet in typical fish burial style.  Ailey didn't even attend the funeral!  Just snuggled up in her bed and called out for me to get her some water.  I love all of my kids for many reasons, but when it comes to being rock hard I can always count on Ailey to hang tough.  For that I believe she deserves a fresh fish from the fish store!


I Love You Ailey!


Your Wacky Dad 



0 comments:

Post a Comment