Friday, September 23, 2011

10 Wacky Clues I'm Getting Old!

I am approaching 40 in a year and a half and age has started to creep up on me.  I can still kick ass with the best of them, don't get me wrong, but I definitely pay for it a bit more afterwards.  Here are 10 clues that I'm getting old.

Ok that is not me!  What the hell!
1.  There is gray hair growing out of my nose and ears.  I look like a deranged scrub brush with a big ass nose.


2.  I can ride my bike 2000 miles in a summer and still get fatter.


3.  My head glistens in the sunlight, and it ain't from highlights.


4.  I can't make the 10 minute ride to the office after drinking 2 cups of coffee in the morning without almost pissing myself.  My fathers answer to this, carry a wide mouth bottle with you in the car.  I'm not there yet but am starting to see the wisdom in it!






5.  There are more parts on my body that are broken then there are that are whole.


Sweet relief after 100 on the bike!


6.  I have used Preparation H.  Only after long bicycle rides but still!








7.  Kids call me Mr. Costantino.  What the hell!  I always tell them that's my fathers name, and I stole that line from him!


8.  My oldest daughter is tall enough to reach the top cabinets with no stool.


9.  I look at minivans fondly.  Lord!!


10.  Well shit, I can't think of number 10 so maybe I'm not all that old yet!  I am still a lean, mean, fighting machine!  Or maybe I'm too damned old to count that high.  Whatever!  


Geriatrically,


Wacky Dad

7 comments:

  1. i'm 35 and i'm so sick of teens and 20somethings calling me ma'am. oh wait! u did it on twitter today too! creep! (trust me i use that as an endearment) i swear i'm 25. hubby swears he's 25 too but i look it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanita I only use Ma'am because I was indoctrinated for 6 years in the Marine Corps and it just naturally comes out. By the way I can tell you are the type of smart ass that I hit it off with right away! Probably why you're the nly one commenting on my blogs! Have fun "Kid".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope my husband never looks at minivans fondly! I'll just keep getting bigger and bigger SUVs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not even 40 and you think you're old? There's your problem: thinking you're old. I'm 65, and while I don't kid myself that I'm young, I can still do all the physical activities (rock-climbing, cycling, martial arts) that I did when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dennis I know that I'm not old in any sense of the word. I just feel a few affects of age coming on. I just completed a double century on my bike 2 weeks ago, and did one last year as well, so I am defintely as fit as ever. It is just plain fun to poke fun at myself!

    ReplyDelete