Friday, March 4, 2011

Deep Sea Fishing...What an experience!


So, I went on an amazing Deep Sea Fishing trip on my recent vacation to Mexico.  It was a great time and only 20 minutes into the trip, we got our one and only catch of the day.  I was lucky enough to be the guy closest to the boat seat so down I sat and the fight began.  55 minutes later, my 9 foot friend was pulled in, wrangled on board for a few photos and then released back into the sea to fight another day.
I spent the rest of the day scanning the seas like a diligent Former Marine, looking for another catch for some other boat-mates but did so to no avail.  In the end, the day was awesome and I am definitely going to sign up for another ride out onto the high seas.  And next time, I'm draggin' the wife and kids along!
*And Just a little side note- this trip idea will be added to my next list of great things to give a dad for a present.  Can't go wrong giving the gift of a Chartered Day of Deep Sea Fishing.

 
Famous Cabo Arch!

About 40 minutes into the fight-
yup Sweating!

 
Amazing

 
A great fight by both of us!

 
One final shot and back to the sea he went!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like it must have been exciting! The fish kind of freaks me out though. Must be a chick thing. I would much prefer to sit in the back of the boat and soak up the sun with a brewski.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really cool to pull in a fish that big. It actually didn't have any teeth that I could see. As far as the brewskis go I believe I had my first that day at around 9:30 am!

    ReplyDelete