Monday, February 28, 2011

Maple Syrup Is In Full Swing! Exciting Video!

It's maple syrup season everyone!  I did a boil last night - around 4 gallons or so, and a larger boil tonight  - probably about 9-10 gallons.  The trees are running like crazy today and are still running as we speak!  It is one of the strongest sap runs I have seen.  There is something about a cold night followed by a warm rainy day that makes the trees spout sap like mad!  I was up until after midnight last night finishing my syrup and I am headed in the same direction tonight unfortunately!  I am one tired unit but what is the saying?  You have to make syrup while the trees run?  Ahhh whatever.  I am a little punch drunk and super tired.  I am posting a super exciting video of me in a semi zombie state last night as I finished the syrup after midnight.  You might find it interesting, amusing, boring - not sure,  you be the judge.  I did forget just how slow the whole process is though.  It is like watching paint dry - definitely a 6 pack event! 



Happy Flapjacks!

Wacky Dad

























0 comments:

Post a Comment