Friday, June 14, 2013

Wacky Takes A Night Off - Grilling Steaks With Longhorn Steakhouse!

“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Dad Central Consulting for LongHorn Steakhouse. I received a gift card to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.” 

In my house I do ALL of the grilling.  Much to my chagrin sometimes.  There are days when I walk in the house an I see my wife murdering perfectly good pieces of beef under the broiler.  I instantly panic and see if she wants me to finish them on the grill to try to give them some life support.  That usually elicits a scowl that makes me back off rather quickly, and I enjoy the shoe leather as much as possible!  (Its great shoe leather Cathy!)


Enter Longhorn Steakhouse.  I recently received an offer to dine out at Longhorn Steakhouse and to write a review about my dining experience. Tough right?  If anyone wants to take the grilling off my hands and do it for me, than I'm all for it.  I love a good steak! We went last night, and I must say I was impressed!  I considered it an early Father's Day present, and was really excited to try a steakhouse that I hadn't been to before.  Longhorn is relatively new to our area, and with 3 kids we don't always get out to eat as much as we would like to.   
You can see my deprived daughters are ready for a night of meat eating too!
We were greeted warmly when we walked into the restaurant  and even though they told us we'd have a 5 minute wait, we were able to sit right down after about 2 minutes.  A good thing, because my 5 year old Mia was starving!  Our server was great, she instantly made friends with my hungry little daughter, and got her some Crayons and Kids Menu to play with to give mom and dad a break.
  
I believe Mia mentioned something about me having big nostrils.  That is her likeness of me!
We all ordered up our meals.  I picked out the 20 oz. porterhouse steak with a one of those decadent butter and cinnamon sugar covered sweet potatoes to go with it and waited with bated breath for it to come out.  The salads were great, and I was thrilled to hear that they had Italian dressing. That is an instant negative if a restaurant doesn't have Italian dressing.  I mean come on!   The food came out quickly, especially for a steakhouse, and it wasn't like the place was empty, they were actually pretty packed for a Thursday night.  Here's what they presented to me.  Can you see why I was happy?! It tasted great, perfectly seasoned and tender as can be!

Nice presentation - Here's the meat!
Everybody else's food looked great, and even the 5 year old was raving about her chicken fingers (they were really good, dad snagged a taste).  
I was impressed that I actually got a perfectly "Medium" steak like I asked for!
What can I say.  It was good times all around, everyone was happy with their meals, and we got in and out in probably about an hour which is great when you have young kids.  I would recommend Longhorn Steakhouse to any family who is jonesing for a good steak, but just doesn't feel like firing up the grill that night!  Oh one last thing.  I always love the huge steak knives that are available at steakhouses, but the ones at Longhorn were really extra sharp, and heavy duty, and they actually have a signature set available for all of you Longhorn loving dads out there.  Here's a pic of what they look like.  They are very heavy in the hand, and I'm confident you might be able to saw through an oak tree with one!

And for any of you grill challenged folks out there, I have a nice grilling fact sheet to provide you with.  Next time you even think about firing up the broiler, remember Wacky Dad, and break out this hand guide!


Here are a couple photos of our experience!  


Enjoy and happy grilling!

Wacky Dad

2 comments: