Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Blog - My Diary

Here are two reasons to blog. Give them
great and vivid memories!
I have come to the conclusion that I ain't ever going to get rich writing my blog.  I once thought it might be possible to make a few bucks at it, but it seems that the chances are pretty remote!  Aside from the occasional free product, or gift cards, the time spent writing could be better spent panning for gold in the brook in front of my house!  The best thing about this blog, and anyone's blog, is that it is a living diary.  Lets face it, writing a diary is kind of boring.  You can't add pictures, you tube video, links, or any of that good shit!  Here I can create content rich posts that my kids will be able to look at with their kids in 30 years, and really get a kick out of.  Some of the things I treasure most are a series of letters that my Papa Mario wrote to me while I was in the Marine Corps.  These letters gave an incredibly detailed biography of his life and I am so honored and glad to have them.  Every time I write in this blog I think about those letters and what they mean to me.  Here I am getting all of the benefits of writing a diary, but it is a social diary.  I have met a ton of cool people through blogging, and the social media outlets I use to promote the blog.  For an anti social jackass like me this is a real milestone.  It's funny, I am not a big talker, but put me on Twitter where the one liner rules, and I am right in my element.  Everything is just so short and sweet.  The other thing I like about the blog, is that even though I may not have a gigantic readership, I still get a chance to highlight some things that are very important to me.  I am able to put my kids on a pedestal when they are deserving, I can poke fun at my old man publicly which is always very fun, and easy to do, I can tell the world what wonderful wife I have, and I can use my blog and social media outlets to further my volunteer work to fight pancreatic cancer.  If there was no other reason than having a written history of my daily life to let my kids enjoy with their future families, then that would be enough.  If you're not blogging I highly recommend the benefits of owning one.  If you love to write and have fun, it is a great place to be! 




Happy Blogging!


Wacky Dad

0 comments:

Post a Comment