Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Daughters Dance in The Spotlight

Abby and Ailey are the 2 girls right in the middle
I have to take 1 post to brag a bit about my 2 older daughters.  This week they performed in the "Chance To Dance" show at the Providence Performing Arts Center here in RI.  For you out of staters, "PPAC" is our small state's most beloved of theaters.  It is truly a historical gem, and is absolutely gorgeous inside.  My parents used to watch movies in this ornate theater as kids, but now it is for live shows.  "Chance to Dance" is an established arts program that gives Rhode Island children in grades three through six a unique hands-on experience with the arts. From October through May, children participate in weekly dance classes held in their schools during school hours. These classes are taught by specially trained, professional dance teachers and are accompanied by a live musician. The program concludes with a full scale dance performance at the Providence Performing Arts Center.

 My girls really loved the experience of being out in front of a crowd of a thousand or so people.  The dances were pretty well put together for kids that only practiced once a week.  The best thing was seeing how excited they were to perform in such an important venue as PPAC.  These photos don't do the theater any justice but they give you the sense of this place's history.  Abby and Ailey, I was proud to watch you dance on such a big and imposing stage.  Just the thought of me doing it makes me want to hide behind a couch!  I don't know where you both find the guts to get out in front of a crowd and perform with such grace.  I am very proud to be your dad you two!



Love,


Wacky Dad

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog and love it! So much fun! I subscribed and am looking forward to your posts. Would you consider visiting my blog at www.fourlittlemonsters.com? Do you post links of other blogs at all? Would love the help! I can post yours, too on my link page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just posted your blog in my links. Great little site you have there, maybe you could give me some pointers on setup. I need to improve my layout. Did you do your own design?

    ReplyDelete