Saturday, March 12, 2011

DEAR DIARY - HOW TO GET BACK FROM DULL TO WACKY?

WHERE IS WACKY LATELY?
    Damn I feel dull lately!  I used to be this fun, Wacky type guy but I feel like I'm losing my edge lately.  I believe it happened about 2 weeks ago when I slammed into a couple of birch trees while skiing with a buddy of mine on a nasty glade trail at Mittersill Mountain - the back country area at Cannon Mountain.  I knocked the hell out out my kneecaps and have been hobbling around ever since then.  Not sure if your knees should still be swollen 2 weeks after you smash them on a 12" birch?  Anyone out there know?  I have skiied since then but with the sore knees, a sprained finger, a screwed up shoulder, the mysterious aching elbow I have had for about 2 months, and some bruised ribs, it just ain't the same!  I find that I can't bring myself to attack the hill the same way when my body is in this condition!  I even opted to take the weekend off of skiing when I could have put my kids in the car and gone for it but I whimped out instead -  very unlike me.  I did learn a bit of respect when I met Betty and Barry Birch that day.  I think I maybe I am becoming a bit of a pussy!
     I have been reflecting on how to get back to my old self.  My answer is always working out.  It is time for me to get my butt in gear and start riding the bike, and even though I hate to say it I might have to do a bit of lifting or something at the gym.  I have found that I have lost some of my upper body strength since I don't use it as much as I used to.  I have no idea what is wrong with my elbow.  It seems to be akin to "Tennis Elbow" but I don't play tennis.  I guess it could be from sking the bumps or something.  I figure working it out in some way should be good for it.  As far as the skiing goes I am done being a pussy!  I am going north next weekend if it kills me!  I have been regretting not going all day today!  I am going to throw myself down the hill at those bumps and ski the shit out of them!  As for the other maladies I am going to take my Marine father's advice and "just spit on it, it'll feel better"!  


     If there is anyone out there who can give me some advice to bring me back to my "Wacky" form then please do so!  I have been toying with the idea of trying to maintain a manmade snowpile in the yard until April this year.  I still have about a 4' pile in the side yard but it is melting quickly.  It would take a couple of cold nights but I think I could pull off April snow this year (A FIRST)!  Somehow doing this would bring back some wacky to my life!


Sorry for all of the bitching and moaning...it won't happen again!!




Former Pussy,


Wacky Dad
    

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you need a "wacky" rejuvenation !!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That rejuvenation post just keeps coming back to me!!

    ReplyDelete