Saturday, December 11, 2010

A WARM THANK YOU FROM THE COSTANTINO FAMILY!

KIDS WALK FOR WOUNDED WARRIORS A RESOUNDING SUCCESS!

Thank you to everyone that turned out today for the Kids Walk for Wounded Warriors!  We had an estimated 100 adults and children turn out for the event and have raised an incredible $2,200 for the Wounded Warrior Project as of now, and are hoping that donations continue to come in!  Thank you to my father Leo Costantino and my father-in-law Jack Colby for making their heartfelt comments before the walk.

Also thank you to Gunny Legault for lining up the hot cocoa (Donated by AJ's Restaurant of West Warwick)  for the event and for providing my girls with the beautiful Wounded Warrior Project t-shirts!  Semper Fi Marine!  Also a big thank you to Russell Morin Fine Catering for donating the delicious pastry for breakfast.  Boy Scout Troop 39 Summit's support was unbelievable with a showing of at least 30 people!





I really need to thank Abby & Ailey for their hard work and determination in bringing this event to fruition.  They are great kids and a father could not be more proud.  Abigail made a better speech than I could have at the event!  Both girls pushed the event hard at school bringing a number of their classmates and families to the walk.
Abigail even braved the principals office yesterday and did a morning announcement over the intercom to publicize this event.  I would have never had the guts to do this at her age.  I know you girls are going to grow into awesome citizens that care for and support their fellow countrymen and women.  Girls you embody all of the values of the Marine Corps that I love so much.  In my mind you will always be honorary little Marines and I love you both.  If you still want to make a donation you can email me at woundedwarriorkids@gmail.com


Thank You & Semper Fi! ,


Eric Costantino

2 comments:

  1. It's easy to see that my son Eric and I enjoy sharing each others finer moments with the world, but in reality I don't know of any Father and Son who are any closer.

    Cheryl and I are just so proud of the Man, Father, and Husband you've become.

    Your Family has raised over $2,200 for a most worthy cause.

    Truth is that Eric and his family have raised over $10,00 collectively for charities this year.

    Not much is said here about Eric's bicycle ride this fall, but Eric rode a solo 200 mile ride which netted over $8,000 to fight pancreatic cancer.

    Thanks for all you do Eric,

    A proud Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks old man! You will all begin to hear about my passion for killing pancreatic cancer. It is going to be a devoted section of the blog. I have made it one of my missions in life to pursue Pancreatic Cancer as aggressively as it pursued my friend Karen Petty who was taken from us by this disease. Stand by for a fight Pancreatic Cancer because you have definitely screwed with the wrong Marine!

    ReplyDelete