Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Aging Daughters!

It appears that my days of being the center of my two older daughters attention are quickly waning. The other night Abby went to her first movie with friends. It was actually quite a scene. We jumped in the truck and drove to the nearest Showcase Cinema which is where I thought Abby's friends were going to meet us. We were a couple of minutes late so I was surprised when Abby came back out of the theater to tell me her friends weren't there yet. No problem I figured, they must be there somewhere.  She checked again, no dice. Then she says "this is the Showcase near the Warwick mall right"?  My reply uhhhhh, nope.



She jumps in the truck and we drive as fast as my piece of junk 1996 Chevy truck will carry us, I think we broke the sound barrier, and I get her to the other theater in about 5 minutes. She ran into the theater and I got the obligatory text -" I found them". Phew!  I returned early for the pickup two hours later and sat outside for 15 minutes before the appointed pick up time of 9:02. Not sure where that time estimate came from because the girls didn't emerge from the theater until about 9:20. Oh well, at least I was in the posh cab of my old Chevy. The FM/Cassette player really rocks. It was all worth it though because Abby thoroughly enjoyed the movie and the experience alone with her friends. I really am glad to see her growing up as a young adult, but I'm going to miss my baby! I had to include this picture from the next day of Abby wearing her 3D glasses. Little goober!
Love,
Wacky Dad

0 comments:

Post a Comment