Monday, December 12, 2011

Product Review - Hickory Farms - A Company That Supports Our Troops

Even Babies Love Hickory Farms Summer Sausage!
I finally found some time to invite some neighbors over to have a little holiday get together last night.  The holiday season has been crazy so far with parties and the like.  I also totaled my car recently and have been working on my "new" 1996 Chevy Truck - but that is a story for another post!  Aside from loving my neighbors, the party was prompted by a blog article that Mom Central asked me to write on behalf of Hickory Farms, and it was a welcome break to laying under the truck, or splitting firewood.  When I got the offer to review and test their product, I was really struck by one thing that led me to go ahead with the review.  They offer free shipping to military personnel at FPO/APO addresses.  Being a former Marine I was impressed with this aspect of their company, and I figured I'd give it a try.  When I got my Hickory Farms gift basket in the mail it was nicely arranged, and packed beautifully.  In the Summer Sausage and Cheese Gift Basket we got 2 sticks of summer sausage, a smoked cheddar cheese, a Farmhouse Cheddar, and a Smoked Gouda.


When the company arrived with their kids it didn't take long for the plate to get emptied while waiting for the main courses to arrive.  I would have to say that the smoked cheddar was the big hit of the night, illiciting the comment, "it tastes like bacon" more than once.  Heck in my book if it tastes like bacon then it can't be bad!  


My wifes beautiful presentation.  We're going to sign her
up for Iron Chef!


I also really enjoyed the summer sausage and the other cheeses on the plate.  The beer and wine we served helped to wash it all down, and particularly, the red wine was awesome with the cheeses.  I have to give all of the thanks to my wife for arranging it so neatly.  If left up to me there would have been 3 blocks of cheese, 2 sticks of sausage, and a box of crackers on the table with a butter knife.  I have been made a believer of the Hickory Farms product.  I applaud Hickory Farms for their dedication to our members of the armed forces.  Back in my Marine Corps days, I know my buddies and I would have been thrilled to open up a gift package full of this stuff!  The hell with the arrangement, it would have been down the hatch in 5 minutes flat!  Congrats on a job well done Hickory Farms, keep up the good work, and keep those smokers fired up!  Visit http://www.hickoryfarms.com/ and treat a friend to a great party starter, and a wonderful holiday gift.


Happy Sausage!


Wacky Dad


“I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Hickory Farms and received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.”

8 comments:

  1. I must say I was a guest at the party and I enjoyed the Hickory Farms products. As you can see above my daughter was a big fan of the food as well. It was very delicious. As a busy mom this gift would be very well recieved at my house. What a great thing to have on hand when unexpected neighbors stop over. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to have you guys over. Definitely need to keep in touch this deep, dark, winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is really, really great that they offer free shipping to FPO/APO! I'll have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is what caught my eye. Being a Marine it really hit home when we got those care packages from home, especially when you got a delicious treat like this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this blog post, it has some great info. Thank you and keep up good work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks World Med. It was a fun review. Anything to do with food is good to go with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, well the next time you get some free food think of inviting your old man huh! I'm a vet too ya know.

    ReplyDelete