Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wild Mushooms for Dinner!

My haul on the way home from work
I have been totally obsessed with hunting wild mushrooms this year, and we have been very successful on our hunts.  Here are a few photos and a video of dinner at the Costantino house after a score in the woods!  Time to get out there and pick 'em!  





Mushrooming at Dusk!




Abby with a huge hen of the woods!





Oh how I wish my grandfather were here to enjoy these things.  He spent my whole adult life talking about eating wild mushrooms when he was a kid, and I never really found anything to give him until this year.  I guess where he is there are wild mushrooms on every oak tree!  Happy picking Papa!  



Bon Appetit!


Wacky Dad



7 comments:

  1. Sofia and I loved the video, especially the part where Mia said "they're good for me AND I like them!". Great and Abby with the long hair! She looks so grown up, cut it out and Ailey! We miss y'all! Can't wait to see everyone in nov. Same us some mushrooms! Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are looking forward to seeing you guys too! We'll have some fun! We're are you staying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't Cathy tell you? With you of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg, I'm not sure I can handle you for a whole weekend! We fight when we're 800 miles apart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LoL, it's ok, good old les is stuck with us again... Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously you know I'm kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these were soooo good when I got home that night! Delicious with steak too

    ReplyDelete