Thursday, September 29, 2011

Papa Mario - The Best!

Papa and me
He loved his red wine!
Mia Cracking Papa Up!
There are many things that remind me of my Papa Mario.  I have taken to drinking his favorite boxed wine since he passed away as a sort of tribute to him.  I have felt his absence these past few days for some reason.  Maybe because this was always the time of year when we used to set up our weekly family dinners on one night a week, and all get to see each other.  I remember one night not too long ago we had Papa and my parents over to the house.  He used to love to eat all kind of crazy shit.  This night he brought over pickled pigs feet. 
A True Clasicc

He actually got my meathead daugher Ailey to try one of the nasty things!  I did too.  I even pretended to like it to please my grandfather.  Ailey didn't!  He just thought eating that stuff in front of everyone was so fun!  I miss the old guy like hell.  I just wanted to post a few photos of him tonight to help me keep his memory fresh in my mind.  Damn he was a funny and good guy!  I will also include our favorite video of Papa Mario - His take on Heaven - or the hereafter as he called it.  Papa didn't believe in heaven - but to hear him tell it was just priceless.  If anyone deserved to make it there it was him.  I know he was standing in front of the pearly gates saying to himself - oh damn I have some explaining to do!  If anyone else had a grandfather that you just loved I would certainly love to hear about him!  


Other Papa Posts
http://www.wackydads.com/2011/01/papa-mario-on-american-chop-suey.html
http://www.wackydads.com/2010/12/papa-mario-on-heaven-hereafter.html




Love From Your Grandson,


Eric

5 comments:

  1. Eric, I am very sorry for your loss. Grandparents are very special people. I had four until I was 37 and now at 42 I have none.

    My blog is filled with stories about them. I encourage you to write your stories down here. It is a great way to help memorialize them and pass along a piece to the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jack! I love my blog as a living diary and a way to keep memories alive. Sometimes I find myself going through some of my old posts and remembering details about things I would probably have forgotten. I'm a guy that would never sit down and write a diary, so this is as close as it will ever get! Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mama! He was very important to our family. Luckily we have a lot of great memories and even some pretty funny videos of Papa. We'll miss him, but thinking of him makes me smile and not cry - at least most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric, so sorry about Papa Mario. He seems like an awesome guy. Very cool what your wrote here for him.

    ReplyDelete