Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fat Boy Rides For A Cure

All I want to say today is that I am the only guy that can ride his bicycle 135 miles in a weekend and gain 5 pounds in the process.  I am training my butt off for my annual one day 200 mile bike ride to wipe out pancreatic cancer, and it seems like the more I ride the fatter I get!  I am even dieting (ok maybe I fell off the wagon today) and have been extremely careful about what I have eaten.  When your'e logging a couple of hundred miles on the week I guess you expect a miracle to happen, but this damned spare tire around my belly just won't leave me!  Granted I have lost 21 pounds since May but I need more!  I would like to everyone to say a prayer for me to lose about 10 more pounds before September 17th, because I really don't want to ride all the way from Rhode Island to New Hampshire with an equivalent of two 5lb sugar bags on my back!  I don't even have the option to starve myself because then I don't have any energy to train!  Perhaps Ex-Lax is the answer!  Hmmmm, food for thought!

If you would like to support a fat man suffering to cure pancreatic cancer please visit the donation website below.  All proceeds will go to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network this year!  

3 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Just wanted to say I think it is completely awesome you are doing a ride to raise money for Pancreatic Cancer research. Pancreatic cancer has touched my family, so I know how horrible it is. What a wonderful thing it is that you are doing - GREAT JOB! I am going to donate now, but I would donate even more if you did the 200 miles ride with two real 5 pound sugar bags on your head :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad Does,

    I appreciate your support! I have been known to do some crazy things to further my cause - the sugar ain't out of the question! Thanks for the comment and donation! Anything you can do to help me get the word out about this fundraiser would be greatly appreciated. I have made fighting pancreatic cancer one of my life's major goals, and this old Marine doesn't like to lose.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad Does,

    Sorry to hear pancreatic cancer has touched your family. All we can do is fight like dogs until we win. The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network's comprehensive approach is really the best bang for your buck out there. You generous donation is really appreciated. I promise I will give you my fair share in sweat for it!

    ReplyDelete