Monday, February 14, 2011

GIRLY MUSIC VERSUS MY MANHOOD!

Sorry for the recent lack of blog posts.  I took a trip to Cabo San Lucas Mexico with my dear wife to celebrate 15 years of us not murdering each other!  Actually we had an awesome time!  More to follow on that subject.


I even look like a schlep!
Ok, time for me to poke some fun at myself.  I am very ashamed to say that I have become quite the lover of teenie bopper girl music.  I used to be a tough guy. I listened to Chris Ledoux's cowboy music and other manly stuff.  I still love that music but I have found myself gravitating toward the music my girls have bombarded me with!  At first I hated it all.  Then it starts seeping into your brain and you become acclimated to the stuff.
     Taylor Swift is my personal favorite!  Click to hear my daughter Abby singing my favorite Taylor song!  I have even caught myself humming along to Miley Cyrus, if I'm not making a conscious decision to ignore it and act like a man.  What has become of me?  The other day I was up in New Hampshire and couldn't get anything except country music on the radio.  I actually hit the buttons on the car stereo system myself and turned on High School Musical's soundtrack.  What a loser!  I am going to turn this into a positive though.  I am chalking my new found love of girly music up to a leap in my "emotional intelligence".  Up until now I have had no use for the phrase, but it is serving the purpose of propping up my man ego, and so I will use it now with gusto!
     All of you real men out there - say a prayer for me that I might return from the dark side some day!


Loving Girl Music,


Wacky Dad  

2 comments:

  1. Oh jeez...Don't tell me you like show tunes too. You're one step away from becoming a vegetarian...Or something else that I won't say on a public forum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show tunes will never be a part of my repertoire. I promise!

    ReplyDelete